This year's garden tour will be held on April 28, 2018 starting at 9 am. There are five interesting gardens planned for the event, as well as a potluck luncheon at the end of the tour. You will be given a handout with the description of all five gardens.
There is no charge for current members, but you must be a member if you wish to attend the tour. See above tab: 'Application' to join our fun society.
Call Kathy Brooks, MOGT Chair, for more information 530-514-8099.
LAST YEAR'S MEMORIES: 2017 MEMBERS ONLY ROSE GARDEN TOUR
This year’s Members Only Garden tour was a huge success. There were 69 members who attended the five gardens. A big thank you to Linda Henderson, Jan Burnham, Marion Ware, Jane Etz, and of course George Augustine for volunteering their gardens. Their families/friends are also to be congratulated for enduring the pressure/stress/expense of making their gardens presentable for the tour.
The winter rains created spectacular gardens with happy blooming roses. It was an incredible experience for all. With the welcoming invitations, the detailed gardens stories in the hand out booklets, and the gardens themselves, all those members who attended had a rewarding experience on that ‘perfect weather’ Saturday.
The food was plentiful and delicious at the luncheon. Thank you for all those who participated. The Beverage Man came through again with his rich coffee and famous
sour tart punch. Neva brought two huge bouquets for the food tables, and Ann, Alicia, Joanne, and Kathy brought the 16 small bouquets for the other tables. All the tour expenses came under budget.
George and Monika worked hard the day before to set up, so they were relieved they had the help of the 10-member clean-up committee. Ann & Joe Wright have to be commended for being new members who signed up to help take down George’s 14 tables and 65 chairs. It takes many people to put on an event like MOGT. Thank you for your willingness. If you didn’t attend, don’t miss out next year!
Photos to follow!
Only members and no guests will be allowed to attend. Please see the Application Page on this website to join our local rose society NEXT YEAR! All are welcomed to join!!
Click on the Application tab above on this website page, print out the application, and mail it to our BRS post office box. O
Please make check payable to BRS and mail to:
Butte Rose Society
PO Box 8888
Chico, CA 95927
The Butte Rose Society's Members Only Rose Garden Tour for 2016 was held on May 14, 2016.
Spring was in the air and our roses were still blooming. The roses were in full bloom just in time for May 14th’s Member’s Only Rose Tour! The tour began at 9 am and end with a potluck luncheon at Mike and Dona Bertain's garden in Durham.
We had five (big and small) gardens to enjoy. It was be a great time to pick out our favorite roses to buy for our own garden. Photography was welcomed! Booklets (see below's cover) describing the gardens were handed out at the first home. There were blank pages so you were be able to take informational notes.
If you took pictures of the tour, please send the photos to Kathy Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will add them to this website.
The Butte Rose Society's Members Only Rose Garden Tour for 2015 was be held on May 9, 2015. There were five beautiful gardens to enjoy. Nancy McBeen was the Members Only Rose Garden Tour's Chairperson this year. Here are some photos taken at the MORGT gardens.
MEMBERS ONLY ROSE GARDEN TOUR
(Approved February 13, 2012)
1. The Members Only Rose Garden Tour is one of the most popular events that is put on by the Butte Rose Society each year. The purpose of the Members Only Rose Garden Tour (MORGT) is to provide an opportunity for members to share their rose gardens with other Butte Rose Society (BRS) members. The event would also provide an opportunity for members to have a chance to socialize and get to know one another better. The event would be free to BRS members.
2. It is not the intention to ever have the rose tour become a competitive function nor a white glove garden party type of event. It should be casual and fun!
3. Participation in the MORGT is limited to current BRS members only. NO GUESTS are allowed. Anyone wanting to take part in the tour must be a currently paid up member. This ruling should be strictly enforced by the Committee Chair and the Committee. Guests would be charged $20.00 to join the society and payment must be made in advance by contacting the Membership Director. A list of tour attendees shall be submitted to the Membership Director prior to the event to verify that all participants are current members of BRS.
4. Members only shall be allowed to have their rose gardens on tour - in part because of insurance requirements.
5. Garden Selection - Gardens selected should use roses in some area of the landscape. Determine the number of gardens to be included on the tour based on the number of roses at each location and the distance between the various gardens. 5 to 6 gardens should be selected depending on the above mentioned factors. Selection shall be non-political. Remember that not everyone can afford to live in a professionally cared-for landscaped mansion, so it would also be good to have smaller rose gardens included on the tour with practical ideas on growing roses that could be used by the ordinary rose enthusiast in his/her own yard.
6. No rose garden shall be on the tour for two years in a row. There should be at least a one year break in between. The tour needs to be kept fresh and interesting by having new gardens showcased every year.
7. Selection of rose gardens shall be handled by the tour committee. Members can be encouraged to volunteer their garden. It is strongly suggested that the committee offer personal invitations to members whose rose gardens they would like to see on the tour. Most people are shy regarding this matter and have the idea that their garden would not be worthy of being on the tour. They must be encouraged. The Committee is encouraged to tour all of the potential rose gardens before the final selection is made.
8. It is suggested that the tour be held during the morning hours during the spring and followed by a free BBQ/Potluck lunch for attendees around noon or 1 p.m. Depending on availability of funds, meat for the BBQ and beverages would be provided by the Society with members furnishing the salads and desserts, etc. The committee could be creative in their approach to planning a gathering at the conclusion of the tour.
9. The site selected for the BBQ/Potluck would ideally be the last rose garden on the tour. There should be sufficient areas of shade (trees, patio or deck covering, etc.) to provide attendees with some relief from the sun. Attendees can be asked to bring their own chairs.
11. It is suggested that the Committee ask each garden owner to write a short description about their garden to be included in a tour booklet.
12. At the conclusion of each garden tour, the committee should have a final meeting at which time suggestions for future tours can be discussed as well as a critique of the just completed event. Afterwards the committee chair must complete a written final report for the Board of Directors of BRS. A copy of the final report along with all other pertinent information regarding the recently completed event should be added to the binder for the use of future committees.
The Butte Rose Society's Members Only Rose Garden Tour for 2014 was held on May 17, 2014.
Due to the drought, we were thrilled to have ANY roses.
1. First Garden: Burnhams:
2. Second Garden: Fraziers:
3. Third Garden: Warren
4. Fourth Garden: Woods
5. Fifth Garden: Wright
Spring is in the air and the roses are all starting bud out. The roses will be in full bloom just in time for May 17th’s Member’s Only Rose Tour! The tour will begin at 9 am and end with a potluck luncheon at noon. We have five (big and small) gardens to enjoy. It will be a great time to pick out your favorite roses to buy for your garden. Photography is welcomed! Booklets describing the gardens will be handed out at the first home. There will be blank pages so you will be able to take informational notes.
At the February, March, & April's general meetings, be sure to sign up that you will be attending the rose tour. The deadline for the tour will be May 12th.
If you aren't a member yet, this is a perfect time to join. Annual membership dues are only $25 for your household. Don’t delay. Treat a friend to a membership and invite them to come along with you on the tour. See our Application tab on this website to fill out a membership application.